Location: Downtown Ottawa, ON
Client Request: Entire bathroom to be renovated and updated.
Challenge: Cody, the contractor, noticed that there may be traces of asbestos and as a precaution, proactively tested a sample for the client. Sample results were clean indicating no harmful chemicals present.
- Consulted with client to select and install all new: shower, sink, toilet, tiling and fixtures
- Installed insulation, drywall, framing around window, new baseboards
- Painted walls and installed new plumbing throughout bathroom
- Electrical: installed light in shower, moved fan location, updated electrical wiring to meet Code (Ontario Electrical Safety Code).
- Installed insulation and drywall
Healthy Steps: All wood used meets FSC standards. Materials for tiles and drywall contribute to LEED points. Low flow toilet and timers installed for fans (energy efficiency). Shower faucet has a control mechanism to regulate pressure (can generate substantial cost savings).